Monday, February 21, 2011

The Final Kiddy Class

My last Phase 1 class went surprisingly well considering the pain in my right knee carried over from Saturday and Sunday night soccer.  I just seem to have an easier time accepting pain from soccer than pain from Cultfit. Oh well, I got through the fourth class and am now apparently ready to work out with the big boys and girls now!

I can't even remember the name of the first part of my work out but after doing the "regular" crossfit warm-up I did 15 minutes maximum reps:
  • 5 pull ups using the gymnastic rings... legs stretched out... butt tucked in... not sure what they are called but they weren't that bad.
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 squats
I got through 5 reps - only because I can't seem to do a push up for the life of me.  Goes to show just how out of shape I am. 

The most memorable part of my evening was my attempt at a cold bath when I got home. No ice just cold water. It took me 5 minutes and three attempts to get in and I could only get in up to the waist, I was screaming the entire time while my loving husband stood at the door laughing hysterically.  For some reason my memory of the ice bath I took in Ireland during the Gaelic football tournament has been tampered with... I didn't remember it being that bad and there was ice in that tub.  The best part is when your heart feels like it may just stop beating... that is when I climbed my way out of the tub... which I might add took longer than it took for me to finish 10 push-ups and just extended the painful experience of being in a freezing cold tub!
But I digress...

While I am happy to be joining my friends in the regular classes I am also a tad bit nervous.

I will just have to try and see... I know rock climbing on Thursday is going to hurt ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment